By our reporter
The month of October has had several celebrations.in the motorsport discipline.
It started with the FMU –Enduro Club Ambulance sprint that saw Arthur blick Jr emerge the winner of the day, Desh Kananura of DRT excited the fans with his monster buggy, while Rajiv Ruparelia experienced his first roll in Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10.
The successful armed forces motocross left a Legacy as sh100m was handed over to the Chief of defence forces by Uganda motocross club (UMX), a record that is set on the continent for not just civilians but a sports body to aid a government institution.
All these are achievements, but the highlight of the month was Dr.Ahmed Ashraf return to the Podium in the Total Kabalega Rally in Hoima.
He beat all the critics who have been claiming that is the slowest rally driver.
The 2008 National rally champion also assured top crews that it is just the beginning,” the politics is stopped and the times are perfect like it was in the Kabalega rally, I will be a regular on the podium.”
Other people who achieved,
– Won CRC category in Kabalega Hoima Rally.
– Won Kalangala Autocross event.
– Out competed big guys in Hoima by winning 3 sections in the event.
Arthur Blick Jr.
– Won NRC category in Kabalega Hoima Rally given a poor start in day one. It was his second consecutive win which helped him take the title to wire.
– Won the FMU Ambulance fundraising Sprint in Garuga and extended the lead on sprint championship with 72 points.
– Put up the right strategies to keep him in lead for NRC title this year. Cruising the Subaru GVB, showed that rally is neither experience nor machine but it’s all about the drivers’ heart.
-Sealed the national Motocross MX125 cc championship trophy and also emerged the 2019 Enduro overall champion after finishing second in the Kalangala Enduro championship.